The open libraries are: Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs, Culcheth, Lymm, Stockton Heath and Warrington Museum and Library. Burtonwood Library is also open alongside Post Office services available from there.
Customers should please note that the opening hours of the above libraries will be not be the same as pre-Covid-19. The revised opening hours can be found HERE along with some other useful FAQs HERE.
Birchwood, Padgate, Penketh and Westbrook libraries remain closed at this time.
To ensure visitors feel safe whilst in our libraries our reopening plans have focused on the safety of customers and staff, to ensure our customers can confidently borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner. To do this effectively we have introduced some changes to the customer journey:
- We will be limiting the number of customers in our library buildings at any one time.
- Staff will be on hand to welcome customers, control queues and help you with any questions. Please respect our staff, they are working hard to ensure you remain safe during your visit.
- New one-way systems around parts of library buildings will be in operation, with floor markings and directional signs to ensure that customers can keep to safe distances.
- Hand sanitisers are located at each entrance and exit point; all customers will be required to sanitise their hands as they enter the library in line with guidance published by Public Health England.
- You will need your library card during your visit. If you have lost your card please see a member of staff – please note there may be a wait before a staff member is able to assist you.
- Items will be issued/returned using our self-service machines which are cleaned throughout the day. In some locations, staff will assist you with issuing and returning.
- All returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves for people to borrow once again.
- Families are always welcome in libraries but to ensure spaces can be managed safely all children under 15 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- A core offer of lending books – including talking books – is available, but it will be a little while before other library services will be able to recommence. This includes individual title reservations, reference book and local history materials, newspapers, seating, refreshments, toilets and meeting rooms.
- Library staff will contact members with reservations awaiting collection before closure to arrange collection at one of the reopened libraries.
- Public PCs are now available for use at our open libraries. Pre-booking is essential prior too arrival. More details on how to make a booking can be found HERE
- Existing loans have been extended to 30th September. There will be no charges for overdue books and other items issued from 1st March 2020 that remain on loan.
- You can still call us by telephone.
In following Government guidance, as from 8 August 2020 the wearing of face coverings is now mandatory in all LiveWire library spaces including at our hub sites. Whilst making this change, we acknowledge there are some circumstances, for health, age or equality reasons, where people are not able nor expected to wear face coverings.
We hope this will provide our customers with the on-going confidence and re-assurance that they can borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner. Hand sanitiser will continue to be provided for use at key points through the customer journey.
Although we have worked hard to make our libraries as safe as possible we understand some members may choose to not to visit at the moment. With that in mind, we have a number of additional services that might be of use. The Library at Home offer for vulnerable customers is being expanded, and a new Order and Collect service is being launched.
Furthermore, the library service has seen a huge increase in the number of e-books borrowed during the closure period, and the focus on the digital offer will continue. LiveWire offers a free e-book, e-comic and audio book offer to members that can be accessed via the online link: