Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff – serves 2
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
250g chestnut mushrooms
100g reduced fat creme fraiche
1/2 tsp dried thyme or 5g fresh
2tsp smoked paprika
Vegetable stock cube
* Finely chop the onion and garlic. Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
* Add a drizzle of oil, once hot add the onion with a pinch of salt. Cook for around 5-10 mins until soft.
* Add the garlic and mushrooms, smoked paprika and thyme. Season with lots of black pepper and cook for 10 mins.
* Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml of boiling water and add to the mushrooms.
* Allow to simmer until the stock has been absorbed by half.
* Add the creme fraiche and stir to combine.
* Serve with some wild rice