Introducing Cooking With Lois! Lois is a healthy lifestyle advisor at LiveWire and she will be sharing with you her favourite quick easy and healthy recipes for you to try at home.
Chicken Jalfrezi (serves 2)
*320g chicken thighs
*2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
*1 tsp ginger paste
*1 tbsp curry powder
*1 brown onion
*1 green pepper
*3 tomatoes, chopped in to wedges
*chilli flakes /powder
* 3 salad tomatoes
*1 knorr chicken stock cube
*1 heaped tbsp tomato purée
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Heat some oil in a large pan and add chicken thighs. Cook for 5 mins until browned on each side, then transfer to a baking tray and put them in the oven for 10-12 mins until cooked through.
2. Slice the onion and add to the pan with some salt and 2tsp of sugar. Cook on a low heat for 5 mins until softened.
3. Slice the green pepper in to strips and add to the onion for a further 5 mins.
4. Add the chopped garlic, ginger paste, chilli flakes (as much as you want!) and curry powder . Stir to combine everything.
5. Stir in the tomato purée , Tomato wedges and 300ml of chicken stock.
6. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Once the chicken is cooked , use two forks to shred it and add to the curry sauce.
8. Serve with some rice and naan bread.