Update for customers ahead of reopening Hub sites on Wednesday 2nd December
LiveWire acknowledges the confirmation today that Warrington will be in Tier 2 when lockdown ends next week.
Our three Hub sites, Orford, Great Sankey and Woolston will be reopening on Wednesday 2nd December. Other leisure sites will reopen in the New Year.
Government guidelines for sport and leisure activity in Tier 2 are as follows:
- Organised outdoor sport, and physical activity and exercise classes can continue.
- Organised indoor sport, physical activity and exercise classes will only be permitted if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with (or share a support bubble with). There are exceptions for indoor disability sport, sport for educational purposes and supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s, which can take place with larger groups mixing.
- Customers can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible.
In line with the guidance we are restarting bookings for the following activities that follow Covid-secure measures inline with national governing body guidance:
- Group Exercise
- Badminton (Singles only between players from multiple households. Doubles from same household or support bubble.)
We are not currently taking bookings for Squash as awaiting clarification from England Squash/Sport England on guidance for restarting this in Tier 2.
The Learn to Swim, Gymnastics and Tennis lesson programmes will resume from 4th January 2021.
- For Hub opening hours from Wednesday 2nd December please see here.
- For the Group Exercise timetable from Wednesday 2nd December please see here.
- For the Swim timetable from Wednesday 2nd December please see here.
LiveWire staff will also be liaising with block bookers regarding their sessions once we have the relevant clarification from national governing bodies regarding restarting. Junior activity is permitted both indoors and out.
We will continue to update as we gain further clarification regarding the guidelines post-lockdown. Thank you to all customers for their patience and support.
What happens to my membership?
Suspended leisure members – All memberships that were suspended prior to lockdown (on 5th November) will continue to remain suspended with no payments being taken when we re-open on the 2nd December.
Reactivated leisure members – All memberships that were live prior to lockdown (on 5th November) will be reactivated on Wednesday 2nd December. Your next payment will be taken on your chosen direct debit date following re-opening.
All annual memberships which were live prior to lockdown will be reactivated on Wednesday 2nd December. A credit will be added to the end of your membership to compensate for the closure period.
We understand that some members are unable to travel to alternative sites, therefore anyone wishing to suspend their membership can do so by emailing in to email@example.com