Padgate Library to reopen following £142,000 renovation
On Monday 28th June Padgate Library will reopen following a £142,000 renovation as part of Warrington Borough Council’s Library Modernisation Plan.
The redevelopment work involved improvements to the outside of the building including:
- • The removal of the canopy and porch area
- • Replacing the front windows and glass panels in the roof
- • Improved external lighting
Alongside the exterior works, the library has also undergone an internal refurbishment. The changes include:
- Repainting of the interior of the building
- Relocation and installation of a new library counter
- New shelving
- The relocation of books from the first floor to downstairs; this has created a multi-purpose room on the first floor to be used for community hires and activities.
Opening hours for the library are as follows:
Monday: 10.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Wednesday: 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am to 1.00pm
Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs, Birchwood, Burtonwood, Culcheth, Lymm, Penketh and Stockton Heath libraries are open for browsing and pre-booked computer access. The Warrington Library building in the town centre is currently closed for renovation works but a temporary pop-up museum & library can be found within Golden Square Shopping Centre.
Opening hours are not the same as pre-Covid-19, so please check the LiveWire website before visiting – details of this can be found at the end of this email.
Customers should please note that Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hub libraries are self-serviced libraries; this means members will need to ensure they bring their library card with them to access the library services at those sites.
To give customers the confidence to borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner we ask that when you visit our libraries please follow the below Covid-secure guidelines:
- All customers are required to sanitise their hands as they enter the library in line with guidance issued by Public Health England; hand sanitiser will be located at every entrance point
- Provide your details for Test & Trace either by scanning the QR code using the NHS Covid-19 app or by filling in one of the slips provided
- Bring your library card with your when you visit
- Issue/return your items using our self-service machines where possible; all machines will be cleaned throughout the day
- Limit your browsing time in the library
- Book your PC session in advance
- Families are always welcome in our libraries – however to ensure spaces can be managed safely all children under 15 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Respect our staff – they are working hard to ensure you remain safe during your visit.
Although we have worked hard to make our libraries as safe as possible we understand some customers may choose to not to visit at the moment. To support these customers we are continuing to offer the following:
* Order and Collect service.
* Home Library Service.
For more information on our libraries, including new opening hours, how to access our Order and Collect and Home Library Service plus a list of FAQs for customers, please visit: