LiveWire has announced a number of changes to memberships that will come into effect from 2nd January 2019, as well as improvements to Junior and Youth memberships.
From the New Year, the following membership changes will be in place for new joiners
(please note existing members currently on the memberships listed below will not be affected and members’ current rate will be honoured for the immediate future in line current LiveWire terms & conditions.)
The changes are as follows:
- Age related concessionary reduction will increase from age 60 to 65 in line with the current state pension age, for both males and females equally.
- Daytime Corporate option will be removed, Anytime Corporate membership will still be available.
- Joint memberships will be removed. So those who were previously eligible will now be required to purchase a separate membership.
- The 16-18 Student membership will be removed with students now being entitled to a concessionary membership
- Junior Plus (11-13 yrs) will no longer be available and instead would merge with what is currently known as Youth Plus. This will leave the following options for under 16s:
- Junior (4-10 yrs)
- Youth (11-15 yrs)
A number of improvements have been made to the Junior and Youth memberships, which also begin in January.
- Racquet sports access for Junior and Youth members will increase and so the end time moves from 5pm to 6pm on weekdays*, and becomes anytime use on Fridays*
- Racquet sports access for Junior and Youth members will increase and so the start time moves from 2pm to 12pm on weekends*
- Fitness Suite access for Youth members will increase and so the start time moves from 2pm to 12pm on weekends*
- The New Year will also see the introduction of a family activity pilot scheme to run at Orford Hub and Great Sankey Hub – details to follow.
* Supervision Policy Applies