From 12th April we will be reopening the following nine libraries: Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs, Birchwood, Culcheth, Lymm, Penketh, Warrington Central and Stockton Heath. Burtonwood Library is currently open for Post Office services only but library services will also resume there from 12th April. Padgate and Westbrook libraries will remain closed at this time due to building work.
Customers should please note that Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hub libraries will be self-services libraries so members will need to ensure they bring their library card with them to access the library services at those sites.
From 12th April a core offer of lending books will be available, but it will be a little while before wider library services will be available including: reservations, reference stock, newspapers, seating, toilets, events and activities.
Opening hours are not the same as pre-Covid-19, so please check the LiveWire website before visiting – details of this can be found at the end of this email.
Reopening plans centre on the safety of customers and staff, and are aimed at giving customers the confidence to borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner.
To give customers the confidence to borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner we ask that when you visit our libraries you please follow the below Covid-secure guidelines:
- Hand sanitiser will be located at every entrance point. All customers are required to sanitise their hands as they enter the library in line with guidance issued by Public Health England.
- Provide your details for Test & Trace either by scanning the QR code using the NHS Covid-19 app or by filling in one of the slips provided.
- Bring your library card with your when you visit.
- Issue/return your items using our self-service machines where possible. All machines will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Limit your browsing time in the library.
- Book your PC session in advance.
- Families are always welcome in our libraries but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 15 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Respect our staff – they are working hard to ensure you remain safe during your visit.
Although we have worked hard to make our libraries as safe as possible we understand some customers may choose to not to visit at the moment. To support these customers we are continuing to offer the following:
- Order and Collect service.
- Home Library Service.
- All items borrowed from 1st March 2020 will now be due for return on 1st June 2021.
- Any items currently on loan will automatically be renewed until this date.
- Access to a range of online resources to support home study.
- Free online eBooks and eAudio service.
- Online activities, signposting to reading resources, etc. on dedicated Facebook page.
- All fines frozen from 1st March 2020.
For more information on the reopening of libraries, including new opening hours, how to access our Order and Collect and Home Library Service plus a list of FAQs for customers, please visit:
Once again, thank you for your patience and support over the past 12 months – we can’t wait to welcome you back to our libraries.
All the team at LiveWire