Leisure Operations from Monday 19th July
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement yesterday that Covid-19 restrictions will be relaxed further on Monday 19th July as we move forward onto Stage 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown, LiveWire is providing an update about how this will affect our leisure operations moving forward.
LiveWire is committed to providing a safe, spacious environment to exercise in and its priority is the continued safety of our customers and staff. LiveWire will continue to follow all industry and government guidance regarding our operations.
With Step 4 in mind, LiveWire is confident it can safely make the below adjustments to its leisure programme, many of which are in line with feedback from members.
LiveWire will be removing the booking system and will no longer have time slots for gym use. This means members no longer need to pre-book to use the gym, and can stay as long as they like. Staff will monitor capacity to ensure customers safety and comfort. The self-service machines will be reactivated at Orford and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs. To aid staff and enable quick entry to the gym LiveWire will be asking customers to remember to bring their membership cards with them. There will still be a requirement for eligible members to pre-book for Junior Gym sessions. Moving forward some gym kit across sites will be relocated back to the gym area so please ask staff if you need help finding any equipment.
Due to high demand for swimming activity a new pool programme will be implemented from Monday 26th July 2021. The new programme, which will run for the summer holiday period, will provide additional public and family swim sessions, along with additional Learn to Swim classes. Subject to guidance, it is likely that all aquatic activities will also be able to have increased capacities due to the relaxation of social distancing requirements, which will mean we will no longer need to section of areas of the pool for family swims. As demand is so high, it will continue to be recommended that members pre-book for public and family sessions to avoid disappointment, however walk-ins will be allowed if there are spaces available. More Aqua-fit classes will be added to the timetable, with increased capacity, subject to instructor availability.
Group Exercise Classes
LiveWire will continually monitor demand for group exercise, and evolve the programme accordingly. The intention is to maintain some elements of distancing in group exercise classes, while gradually growing the capacity of certain classes and increasing the number of some of LiveWire’s most popular classes also, in line with demand and on a site by site basis. Staff ask that customers continue to bring their own equipment as currently is the case.
While no longer legally required, for the safety and comfort of other customers and staff, we continue to encourage the use of face coverings in public areas of our buildings, this includes all reception and spectating areas, corridors, stairs and lifts plus changing rooms and toilets. .
- Opening Hours. Opening hours will largely be remaining the same. Broomfields Leisure Centre will be increasing their opening hours slightly with the removal of the midday closures on a Monday and Wednesday from July 26th 2021.
- Creche. The creche at Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub will be reopening on Monday 2nd August 2021.
- Air Conditioning. LiveWire await further guidance regarding the use of air conditioning.
- Sauna and Steam. Saunas and steam rooms at Broomfields, Great Sankey, Orford and Woolston will be reopening as soon as possible after July 19th 2021, once statutory servicing and maintenance work has been completed.
- Squash. The current timing gap between court bookings have now been removed.
- Subway. This will reopen at Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub from Monday 19th July.
LiveWire hopes this information is useful and thanks customers for their patience and support.