Kicking off on Thursday, Lymm Library will be holding a treasure hunt, followed by a murder mystery event on Friday.
Lymm Library will also be holding a special Read2Dogs reading session in which residents will get the chance to read to a ‘Pets As Therapy’ dog. This free session is specifically targeted at adults and children who become nervous and stressed when reading to other people in a group. The reading session helps to improve confidence in reading aloud and helps with good mental well-being as well as being great fun.
Next, the library will host a Pugalugs event, where visitors can meet Jessica Parish, the author of the delightfully illustrated Pugalugs books. Listen to a book reading by the author herself and meet Pugalugs, the loveable pug behind the cartoon character.
Lymm Library will also host a series of free craft events during Lymm Festival to encourage young visitors to be creative by making dinosaurs, frogs and racing cars.
Wendy Molyneux, Strategic Library Manager, said: “We’re so excited to be supporting Lymm Festival by hosting these exciting events in our library. It’s a great way to meet people and to have fun in the library in the heart of Lymm village.”
Event listings at Lymm Library during Lymm Festival:
- Treasure hunt, free activity, drop in anytime on Thursday 21 June – Saturday 30 June, during library opening times.
- Murder mystery, £2.50 per ticket including refreshments, on Friday 22 June, 6.30pm – 8.00pm.
- Pets As Therapy: Read2Dogs, free event on Saturday 23 June, 11am – 12pm.
- Pugalugs, event costs £2 per person, Saturday 23 June, 1.30pm – 2.30pm.
- Dinosaur Craft, free event on Monday 25 June, 2pm – 4pm.
- Froggy craft, free event on Tuesday 26 June, 2pm – 4pm.
- Froggy craft, free event on Wednesday 27 June, 2pm – 4pm.
- Racing car craft, free event on Saturday 30 June, 10am – 11am.
For more information call Lymm Library on 754367 or visit the Events section of the LiveWire website
More about Lymm Library