Coronavirus – Information for Members
In response to the recent outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) LiveWire would like to reassure our customers that we are in contact with Public Health Warrington daily for the very latest guidelines and recommendations about limiting the spread of the virus, and we will continue to monitor the situation regarding service delivery at all of our sites.
Currently all LiveWire sites are open and operating as normal.
Any decision to operate in a different way will be taken in conjunction with Public Health Warrington and any updates will be posted on our website and social media platforms.
LiveWire takes the health and wellbeing of our customers seriously and we are committed to providing our members with a safe and hygienic space to exercise in.
Advice from Public Health England (PHE) still stands and LiveWire recommends that customers using our facilities follow the general cold and flu precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
Public Health England advise that it is generally safe to go swimming at this time. LiveWire would like to politely remind all swimmers to:
- Shower before using the pool;
- Shower on leaving the pool; and
- Follow the necessary hygiene precautions when visiting public places to help reduce the risk of infection
Further to the above, LiveWire has increased the level of its cleaning regime at sites and would like to politely request gym users follow gym etiquette guidelines in terms of taking a sweat towel with them into the gym. Leisure Attendants in the gym regularly clean equipment and this will continue to take place but additional cleaning products have been provided in all gyms to allow customers to self-clean equipment before and after use.
Hand sanitisers are available at all leisure sites for customers to use.
Thank you for your co-operation.