COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance for LiveWire customers, 4.30pm Thursday 19th March 2020
LiveWire Hubs and Leisure Facilities remain open.
The health of people in Warrington is our number one priority and, as such, we continue to review our activity programme in Hubs and Leisure Facilities to reflect guidelines set out by relevant organisations, including Government, Public Health England and Industry representative bodies including UK active, Sport England, Community Leisure UK and Governing Bodies of Sport.
As a not-for-profit community interest company, we’d like to thank our customers for their ongoing support. While we appreciate the coming weeks will pose many challenges to our members, some of which will be financial, LiveWire would like to ask you to consider not suspending any of your payments in the interim, and instead consider them a donation to the important work being done to improve the health and wellbeing of our wonderful town. The services we provide – many of which are free of charge – are heavily dependent on the income generated by things like leisure memberships and swimming lessons, and any drop in this revenue, however temporary, will have an impact in the future.
The current position regarding LiveWire’s activities and facilities is as follows:
Our swimming pools remain open for public swimming. Please check our website for latest timetables.
Public Health England advise that it is generally safe to go swimming at this time. LiveWire would like to politely remind all swimmers to:
- Shower before using the pool
- Shower on leaving the pool
- Follow the necessary hygiene precautions when visiting public places to help reduce the risk of infection
Our Fitness Suites remain open for public use but with a number of restrictions to support hygiene and social distancing, including:
- Equipment use restrictions will be put in place to comply with social distancing.
- Cleaning products/materials will be available in fitness suites to enable members to wipe equipment down after use.
- Monitoring occupancy levels and restricting access where necessary.
Group Exercise Classes:
Our Group Exercise Class programme is continuing as advertised but with a number of restrictions to support hygiene and social distancing, including:
- All Group Exercise classes will reduce their occupancy by 50% to support social distancing.
- Each class will finish 5 minutes early to allow the equipment used by members to be wiped down.
- Cleaning products/materials will be left in studios to enable members to wipe equipment down after use.
- Instructors will remind customers that if they are feeling unwell then they should not attend classes.
- Instructors will remind customers to wash their hands before and after the class/activity they are taking part in.
Exercising at Home Options
- We are currently working to produce a range of online ‘virtual’ exercise options from our instructors that we will be sharing online. The first of which has already been uploaded and can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLiveWire
- Our partner organisation Les Mills has confirmed our members can have free access to their digital exercise class bank, meaning you can take part in virtual classes at home. These can be accessed here: https://t.co/aAWqpImuZ1?amp=1
- We hope to be able to live stream group exercise classes in the near future, for members to participate in at home. Please check our website and follow us on social media for up-to-date information on this.
Children’s Structured Activities:
From 5pm Friday 20th March, in line with the Government announcement regarding closure of education settings, LiveWire will be ceasing all instructor led, children’s activity programme until further notice. This includes:
- Swimming Lessons
- Tennis Coaching
- Sports Development LiveWire sessions including: Warrington Bike Project, Touch Rugby, Padgate Activity Club, Westy Boxing Club, Doorstep Sports Club – Orford and Sankey, McIntyre Kick About, Park Lives sessions
- Library Activity sessions including Rhyme Time, Family Crafts etc
If you wish to suspend your payments for any children’s structured activities then please contact your local LiveWire site or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, otherwise direct debit payments will be collected as normal.
Crèche at Orford Hub
From 1pm Friday 20th March, in line with the Government announcement regarding closure of education settings, LiveWire will be closing the crèche facility at Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub. The facility will remain closed until further notice.
For the latest update on LiveWire’s Library service, please click here: https://livewirewarrington.co.uk/news/2341-announcement-standalone-libraries-to-temporarily-close-from-friday-20th-march-2020