COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance for LiveWire customers – 4.15pm Wednesday 18th March 2020
LiveWire continue to follow guidelines set out by relevant organisations, including Governing Bodies of Sport to inform whether or not activities shall take place.
The current position regarding activities delivered by LiveWire is as follows:
Public Health England advise that it is generally safe to go swimming at this time. LiveWire would like to politely remind all swimmers to:
- Shower before using the pool
- Shower on leaving the pool
- Follow the necessary hygiene precautions when visiting public places to help reduce the risk of infection
Swim England’s advice is that swim schools should make informed decisions on future lessons based on the current information from the Government.
LiveWire swimming lessons (including School Swim lessons) are therefore currently still on based on the current information and guidance available.
It is Swim England’s interpretation that club activity falls into the ‘public gathering’ category and therefore it is strongly advising clubs to consider cancelling or postponing activity. Swim England are also suspending all talent activities with immediate effect.
LiveWire Swim Squads are therefore cancelled with immediate effect from 18th March 2020 and until further notice. Future direct debit payments will be amended to reflect sessions cancelled.
British Gymnastic advise that operators carry out their own risk assessment to come to a decision on how we can continue to operate your club.
LiveWire gymnastics sessions are therefore currently still on based on the current information and guidance available.
The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) has suspended its organised activity. It also advised that as the Government have currently indicated that recreational exercise, that takes place at a safe distance from others and in safe exercise environments, is something that can continue during this period.
LiveWire tennis coaching sessions are therefore currently still on based on the current information and guidance available. However all tennis competitions scheduled to take place are cancelled up to 20th April 2020.
The health of people in Warrington is our number one priority and, as such, we have put a number of additional precautionary measures in place to ensure both customer and staff safety and reduce the risk of the virus spreading.
What we ask from customers:
- If you (or your child participant) have returned from an affected area, or are suffering from any of the symptoms, no matter how mild, do not visit any of our centres. If you have any concerns, we recommend using the NHS 111 service.
- Ensure you (or your child participant) wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after the class/activity you are taking part in.
- Use hand sanitiser if and when available.
- Continue to exercise if you are well, but respect the personal space of others and avoid unnecessary close contact.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
What you can expect from us
- We will endeavour to deliver the sessions in line with the latest social distancing guidelines as much as practicably possible.
- All activity leaders/ instructors/ coaches will ensure they have cleaning products available to them prior to activities commencing.
- We will finish all sessions approximately 5 minutes early to allow the equipment used to be wiped down.
- We will remind customers (or their parent/ guardian) to wash their hands before and after the class/activity they are taking part in.