Coronavirus – Information for Members
In response to the recent outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) LiveWire can confirm that we are working closely with Public Health Warrington daily and will continue to monitor the situation regarding service delivery at all of our sites.
Currently all LiveWire sites are open and operating as normal.
Any decision to operate in a different way will be taken in conjunction with Public Health Warrington and any updates will be posted on our website and social media platforms.
LiveWire takes the health and wellbeing of our customers seriously and we are committed to providing our members with a safe and hygienic space to exercise in.
Advice from Public Health England (PHE) still stands and LiveWire recommends that customers using our facilities follow the general cold and flu precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
Public Health England advise that it is generally safe to go swimming at this time. LiveWire would like to politely remind all swimmers to:
- Shower before using the pool;
- Shower on leaving the pool; and
- Follow the necessary hygiene precautions when visiting public places to help reduce the risk of infection
Thank you for your co-operation.