Spaghetti Bolognese – serves 4
*500g lean mince beef
*2 celery stalks
*1 large carrot
*1 garlic clove
*chicken or beef stock pot
*1 heaped tbsp mixed herbs
*1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
*400g tin chopped tomatoes
*1 tbsp tomato purée
1. Finely chop all the veg and gently cook in a little oil until softened. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan add the mince beef and cook until all browned. Add the mixed herbs and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the veg back to the pan with the mince and combine.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, and the stock pot.
5. Leave to simmer covered for 15 minutes on a gentle heat.
6. Serve with some wholemeal spaghetti or on a jacket potato.