This week we’re making Egg Muffins
Egg Muffins (makes 6)
6 medium eggs
Selection of veg (onions, peppers, tomatoes, olives, courgette, spinach, broccoli, chilli, mushrooms, peas, sweet corn etc)
Cooked meat – optional (ham, turkey, bacon, chicken)
Herbs – optional (parsley or chives work well)
Instructions (preheat oven to 180 oC / 160 oC fan)
1. Finely chop all your selected veg
2. Cook in a little oil until softened
3. Meanwhile crack 6 eggs in a pouring jug and whisk with black pepper.
4. Add a handful of grated cheese.
5. Grab your muffin tray and spray each one with a little oil.
6. Once the veg has softened, add a tablespoon to the muffin tray, filling 6 in total.(don’t overfill as they are likely to fall apart once cooked)
7. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin until it reaches 90% full.
8. Bake in the over for 20 minutes or until cooked.
9. Let the Muffins cool slightly, then run a knife along the outer edge to remove each one.