The new Bewsey & Dallam Community Hub is set to open on Monday 15th November at 12pm, LiveWire and Warrington Borough Council have announced today, bringing vital leisure, library and community facilities to the area.
The new £4.3m facility on Longshaw Street will provide residents with a range of community and wellbeing services, including community spaces, a state-of-the-art gym, multi-use studio, pool and library provision.
It will be operated by LiveWire, in line with the existing management agreement for the delivery of Leisure, Library and Lifestyles services in Warrington. LiveWire will be working in partnership with WBC’s Neighbourhoods Team who will be managing the community rooms.
The Community Hub is a project originally developed through the Delivering Wellbeing in Bewsey and Dallam programme, before being adopted as a priority project in the Central 6 Masterplan. Warrington Borough Council and other partners including Torus have provided the necessary capital investment along with a grant awarded by Sport England.
It will be open from 9am to 8pm Monday – Friday, and 9am to 4pm on weekends and will be open for public tours from Monday 8th November.
Key features of Bewsey & Dallam Community Hub include:
- A state-of-the-art 30 station gym, including Technogym kit, functional fitness space and free weights area.
- A multi-use studio space for group exercise classes, library events and community activities.
- Over 30 live and virtual group exercise classes a week including Les Mills Body Pump, Body Combat, Body Balance and Grit as well as Zumba, Yoga, Pilates and Boxercise.
- A 10m x 7m pool that will offer a range of activities including swimming lessons and public swim as well as hydrotherapy and rehabilitation sessions.
- Library facilities including self-service book borrowing and free public computers.
- Community rooms for hire.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout.
- Accessible and group wet and dry changing facilities.
- Dementia Friendly design principles followed.
- A reception / social area providing an informal, relaxing space for community hub users with seating.
- Lifestyle Services including weight loss programmes, smoking cessation, getting back into exercise, healthy walks and cancer rehabilitation.
- Accessible WC facilities and lift.
- Shared office space for partner organisations.
- Free on-site parking for customers and visitors
Local residents within the Bewsey and Whitecross ward can claim a special offer to receive their first month membership for just £5. Leisure facilities can also be accessed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Emma Hutchinson, Managing Director of LiveWire, said: “We are delighted that Bewsey & Dallam Community Hub will soon be opening its doors, providing much-needed health and wellbeing services to local residents. This brand new, state-of-the-art facility is testament to our commitment to improving the mental and physical health of the people of Warrington.
“We are so excited for the public to see inside the Hub and try out the services on offer. I’d like to thank all LiveWire staff involved for their vision, hard work and commitment on the project, as well as Warrington Borough Council and all our other partners.”
Cllr Tony Higgins, Warrington Borough Council’s Cabinet Member for Leisure and Community, said: “The Bewsey & Dallam Community Hub will bring a huge boost to the community, providing a range of vital services which will make a real difference to local people’s lives.
“This is a much-needed community facility which will support the wider regeneration of Bewsey and Dallam. At the same time, it supports our community’s vision – through our Central 6 Regeneration Masterplan – to collectively improve health, wellbeing, leisure and learning opportunities for people throughout central Warrington.”
For more information visit http://www.livewirewarrington.co.uk/BewseyDallamHub