The Hub, which will be run by LiveWire, will provide much needed community and wellbeing facilities for the area, including a fitness suite, IT suite, hydro-therapy pool, lifestyle services and library facilities.
The new Hub will be located on Longshaw Street, opposite the existing playing fields and next to an existing children’s play area. It is placed between Bewsey and Dallam with a view to serving both communities.
View a video tour of the proposed Bewsey and Dallam Hub:
Facilities at the Bewsey and Dallam Community Hub
The Bewsey and Dallam Community Hub will comprise of the following dementia friendly facilities:
- A reception / social area providing a reception for community hub users and seating.
- Library facilities, designed for self-service and focused on two Universal Offers – Reading and Information.
- ICT provision will ensure that Wi-Fi enabled devices including tablets, computers, portable-game consoles, smartphones, digital cameras and digital audio players will be able to connect easily to the internet in the Community Hub.
- Multi-use learner / hydrotherapy pool at 10m x 7m in size.
- Accessible and group wet and dry changing facilities.
- Studio/multi activity space providing opportunities for community use and group fitness classes.
- A dedicated fitness suite with a selection of the latest equipment to serve a range of needs
- Community rooms facilitating flexible and integrated health and wellbeing community solutions.
- Community storage space.
- Lifestyle Services including weight loss programmes, smoking cessation, getting back into exercise, healthy walks and cancer rehabilitation.
- Accessible WC facilities.
- Accessible lift.
- Shared office space for key public service partners.
The facility will be operated by LiveWire in line with the existing Management Agreement in place for the delivery of services, including Leisure Centre, Neighbourhood Hubs, Libraries and Lifestyle and Wellbeing Services.
LiveWire will work in partnership with Warrington Borough Council’s Neighbourhoods team in proactively working with the community to increase activities and community groups – ensuring that the Hub is a local facility for local people.
Target date to start on site is end of April 2019.
The Hub is expected to open in summer 2020.
Contact details for queries
If you have any questions or queries please email WarringtonPartnership@warrington.gov.uk