LiveWire Libraries Announcement: 4pm Thursday 19th March 2020
After the most recent government announcement on social distancing and taking into account the demographic of our library users, following discussions with Warrington Borough Council, LiveWire will be temporarily closing its standalone libraries until further notice from close of business on Friday 20th March.
Libraries in Neighbourhood Hubs (Orford, Great Sankey and Woolston) will continue to operate as normal until further notice.
We are very sorry for this interruption in services and we are doing our best to mitigate the impact this may have on you with the following:
- A fines amnesty – There will be no charges for overdue materials issued from 1st March.
- Items will be loaned until 3rd July.
- Increased allowance of items borrowed from 10 to 30 items.
- Access to range of online resources to support home study.
- Free eBooks and eAudio service online.
- Community outreach where possible by redeployed library staff.
- Online videos on a variety of topics including mindfulness, meditation and at-home exercises, that we are planning to share very soon.
Unfortunately due to the current situation we are unable to offer the book reservation service at this time.
LiveWire will continue to keep you up to date on any developments via our website and social media and will be working with our ‘Friends Of’ groups during the coming weeks to help ensure we can continue to offer as a wide a library provision as possible during this time.