Library Update - 27th November 2020
- Category: Libraries
- Published: 27 November 2020
Following the recent announcement that Warrington has been placed in Tier 2 when lockdown ends next week, seven library sites across the borough will be reopening from Wednesday 2nd December.
As before, our phased reopening plans centre on the safety of customers and staff, and are aimed at giving customers the confidence to borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner.
The libraries reopening are: Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs, Culcheth, Lymm, Stockton Heath, and Warrington Museum and Library. Burtonwood Library is currently open for Post Office services only but library services will also resume there from 2nd December.
Birchwood, Penketh, Padgate and Westbrook libraries will remain closed at this time.
Customers should please note that Great Sankey, Orford Jubilee and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs libraries will be Self Service only so members will need to ensure they bring their library card with them to access the library services at those sites. Please note, printing services will not be available at the self service hub sites.
Public Network Computers will be available however pre booking is recommended.
The opening hours of the reopening libraries are not the same as preCovid 19 - so customers should please check the website before visiting.
We are continuing to offer support to those residents who are vulnerable or who do not feel ready to return to the library – the following services may be of use to these customers:
- Order and Collect Service
- Home Library Service
In addition to the above:
- All fines continue to be frozen from 1st March 2020
- All items borrowed will be due for return on 13th January 2021
- Any items currently on loan will automatically be renewed until this date
- Increased borrowing allowance of 20 items
- Access to a range of online resources to support home study
- Free online eBooks and eAudio service
- Online activities, signposting to reading resources and additional information is available on our dedicated Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/YourLiveWireLibraries
For more information on the reopening of libraries, plus a list of FAQs for customers, visit: https://livewirewarrington.co.uk/library
All the team at LiveWire thank our library customers for their patience and support.