Covid-19: Updated Information for Members 5pm Tuesday 17th March 2020
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance for LiveWire Members – 5pm, Tuesday 17th March 2020
The UK is in the early stages of what is now a global pandemic outbreak of infection from the COVID-19 virus (also referred to as ‘Coronavirus’). The Government has provided general guidance to people and businesses: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businessesabout-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-covid-19.
LiveWire is in daily contact with both Warrington Borough Council (WBC) and Public Health England (PHE) about the current situation – which is changing on a sometimes hourly basis. LiveWire continues to conform to both government and Public Health England guidelines. The fitness and leisure sector remains open until directed otherwise by government, and we will continue to support the mental and physical health of our members during this difficult time.We recognise that we may be asked or instructed by PHE, or other regulatory bodies to close facilities in some circumstances. This is most likely to be to limit gatherings of people and slow/prevent contagion and infection rates among customers and staff – regardless of whether there is a specific risk caused by a customer or member of staff. Clearly, LiveWire will comply with such requests immediately.
As of March 17th 2020 advice from Public Health England (PHE) remains and LiveWire recommends that customers using our facilities follow the general cold and flu precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In terms of further steps LiveWire has taken to limit the spread of Covid-19, all sites have increased their cleaning regimes – both in terms of frequency and depth which should ensure sites are as virus-free as possible, while still remaining open as a service to the health and wellbeing of the public. Sites are focussing on key areas including fitness suites (specifically equipment handles), entry points, self-serve machines, changing rooms etc.
Further to this, from March 17th all LiveWire Leisure sites have introduced the following measures:
- Equipment use restrictions will be put in place to comply with social distancing.
- Cleaning products/materials will be available in fitness suites to enable members to wipe equipment down after use.
Group Exercise Classes:
- All Group Exercise classes will reduce their occupancy by 50% to support social distancing.
- Each class will finish 5 minutes early to allow the equipment used by members to be wiped down.
- Cleaning products/materials will be left in studios to enable members to wipe equipment down after use.
- Instructors will remind customers that if they are feeling unwell then they should not attend classes.
- Instructors will remind customers to wash their hands before and after the class/activity they are taking part in.
Public Health England advise that it is generally safe to go swimming at this time. LiveWire would like to politely remind all swimmers to:
- Shower before using the pool
- Shower on leaving the pool
- Follow the necessary hygiene precautions when visiting public places to help reduce the risk of infection
At Home Workouts
- We are currently producing a number of workouts for our members to complete at home, should they either be advised against, or be uneasy about coming to our sites. We hope these resources will help to aid people’s physical and mental health during the current situation.
- Our partner organisation Les Mills has confirmed our members can have free access to their digital exercise class bank, meaning members can take part in virtual classes at home. Classes can be accessed via the following link: https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts
We will continue to provide updates as the situation progresses and in line with government guidelines.
Thank-you for being a loyal member and for your understanding during these challenging times