Family Time Weekends - FAQ's
- Category: Leisure
- Published: 16 May 2019
What is #FTW?
Family Time Weekends runs at Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub and Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub. These sessions offer a variety of activities for all the family to get involved in, all under one roof and all for one price - or FREE for LiveWire members.
There are also family fun activities, ran by delivery partners Activate Fun, for which spaces can either be pre-booked or attended on a drop-in basis (subject to capacity).
Whether you choose to participate in one activity, or try them all - the choice is yours! These sessions are designed to enable you to create your own schedule for your day.
What activities will there be?
- Swimming – Families will have exclusive use of the pool throughout the period of the session. Children under the age of 16 years will need to be accompanied by an adult 18 years+, likewise, adults can only enter if they are attending with children under the age 16 years.
- Family Fun Sessions – These sessions are a series of activities such as ball games for all the family (age 3+) to participate in and are delivered by Activate Fun. All the activities will promote healthy lifestyles within families.
- Virtual Classes- These are parent and child Sh’Bam and Body Combat classes that are on a screen with virtual instructors. Body Combat is a high-energy martial-arts inspired workout which is non-contact and there are no complex moves to master. Sh’Bam is a fun-loving, insanely addictive dance workout. These workouts are for ages 11+.
- Junior Gym - Junior Gym allows access into LiveWire Fitness Suites with a qualified fitness instructor on-hand for children aged 11-15
- Soft Play – This is an area to play with toys, elements of soft play and more.
- Arts and Crafts- There will be a range of table top craft activities for the family to enjoy together.
How much does it cost?
#FTW is free for LiveWire members. This includes Select fitness, swim, tennis and gymnastics memberships.
Non-member prices are as follows:
- £5.50 1 adult + 1 child
- £4.20 Additional adult
- £2.10 Additional child
- 55p for children under the age of 4
I am a member, does this mean my children can come for free?
If your child is not a LiveWire member, you will then be required to pay the additional child cost.
If your children participate in swimming lessons or have a gymnastics, tennis or fitness membership, they will then get this for free.
What is included in the cost?
The cost includes access to all activities on the day!
Do you need to book on to the activities?
All activities can be attended on a drop-in basis, however some activities have a limited number of places available. Please contact site for further details or to pre-book your activity.
When and where does the programme take place?
#FTW runs at Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub – Saturdays 12.30pm to 3.30pm and Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub - Sundays 9.00am to 12.00pm.
Do you have to stay for the full 3 hours?
No. FTW is designed to enable you to create your own schedule for the day so you can choose one activity or stay for them all. We have a mixture of scheduled and drop in sessions, so you can plan a day that works best for you!
What is the supervision policy?
FTW is very much about families participating in physical activity together. It is expected that adults will participate in the activities with their child(ren). Children must be accompanied by an adult in all activities. The ratio is 1 adult to a maximum of 2 children for all activities.
The adult should maintain a constant watch over the children for whom they are responsible.
LiveWire’s standard swimming pool supervision policies apply.
Are there any age restrictions?
There are some age restrictions for specific activities:
- Soft play is for children aged 5 years and below
- The Minimum age for the Family Fun sessions by Activate Fun is age 3+.
- Children must be ages 11 and over to participate in the Parent and Children Virtual Classes at Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub. An adult must also be present during this class.
Is food available?
Food is not included in the cost, however vending facilities are available at Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub and Subway is located in Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub for those wanting to purchase food.
Is there Parking?
- There is parking at both Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub and Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub.
- Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub does operate a Car Park Management system. This means if you are staying for long than 3 hours, you will need to enter your car registration onto the system at reception. For more details please speak to a member of staff upon your arrival at Orford Hub.