Books on Prescription for Long Term Conditions
Reading Well for long term conditions provides information and support for people living with a long term health condition and their carers.
The booklist covers general advice and information about living with a long term condition, common symptoms and titles focused on specific conditions such as arthritis, bowel conditions, diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
The books have all been recommended by people with lived experience of long term conditions and health professionals, and are available to borrow for free from public libraries.
Further details of the scheme can be found on the Reading Agency website.
LiveWire has a collection of Books on Prescription for Long Term Conditions and these books can be reserved for FREE.
Becoming a member of LiveWire is easy, just visit any LiveWire Library or join online. No ID is needed.
- Self-Management of Long-Term Health Conditions: A Handbook for People with Chronic Disease by Dr. Kate Lorig, Halstead Holman, David Sobel, Diana Laurent, Virginia Gonzalez, Marian MinorDr. Kate Lorig, Halstead Holman, David Sobel, Diana Laurent, Virginia Gonzalez, Marian Minor
- How to Feel Better: Practical Ways to Recover Well from Illness and Injury by Dr. Frances Goodhart, Lucy Atkins
- Manage Your Pain: Practical and Positive Ways of Adapting to Chronic Pain by Nicholas Michael, Allan Molloy, Lee Beeston
- Overcoming Chronic Pain: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques by Frances Cole, Hazel Howden- Leach, Helen Macdonald, Catherine Carus
- Pain is Really Strange by Steve Haines, Sophie Standing