You are never too young to join and enjoy LiveWire Libraries! Your library is free to join and there are no fines for overdue books issued on a baby or toddler's library card.
We offer a wide variety of stock carefully chosen by specialist staff
- Board books and picture books
- Story tapes and CDs
- Children's DVDs
- Books on parenting issues
- Books to help your child learn to read
- Books to help them cope with new situations
- Separate collection of books for children with special educational needs
- Dual language picture books available in many community languages
This is a national scheme which aims to promote the enjoyment of books and the pleasure of reading by providing free books for babies and toddlers.
LiveWire libraries join in with National Bookstart Day every year. Visit the Bookstart website.
Books to share
Booktime is a national programme that promotes reading for pleasure and encourages family engagement in shared reading at an important transition stage in children’s learning and development. It encourages children, parents and carers to read together for pleasure.