Job Title: Leisure Assistant Location: Birchwood Community Hub Hours: 37 hours working a shift pattern…
Trainee Lifeguard Opportunities
Location: All LiveWire Sites
Salary: £16,738.00 – £17,892.00 per annum/pro rata for part time (National Minimum Wage £9.18 per hour age 21-22, National Living Wage £9.50 per hour age 23 years and over)
Contract type: Permanent, full time and part time hours available (shift work including evenings and weekends)
Course Dates at Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub:
You need to be available for all of the following dates:
Friday 7th 4.30pm – 9pm
Saturday 8th 8.30-4.30pm
Sunday 9th 8.30-4.30pm
Friday 14th 5.00 – 9.00pm
Saturday 15th 8.30 – 4.30pm
Sunday 16th 8.30 – 4.30pm
To take place in the evening the week beginning 12th September
LiveWire are currently recruiting for new full time and part time Lifeguards. Please do not worry if you do not have a current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, if you have the right attitude and ability we are offering to train individuals to gain the RLSS qualification.
You need to be a strong swimmer and we may require you to complete a swim test prior to being offered a place on the Lifeguard course.
If you are interested in a career within leisure, this could be the first step on the ladder for you.
Our Lifeguards work as part of a team to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for customers.
Once qualified you will take responsibility for the health and safety of our customers and ensure that all our poolside activities run effectively.
The Main duties of the Lifeguard Role is to:
- Supervise customers within the pool and surrounding areas
- Support with Room and equipment set ups for events and activities
- Help with building cleanliness
- Assist customers with their enquiries and individual needs
To be Successful in This Role You Will Have:
- A willingness to undertake ongoing training and development
- A willingness to cover additional hours when needed
- To agree to work 140 hours over a 6 month period from your start date. This is an average of 6 hours a week.
If you have a friendly, calm and approachable nature with good customer servicing skills, the ability to work as part of a team and a basic knowledge of Health and Safety we want to hear from you.
The benefits of working for LiveWire;
- Competitive rates of pay including enhanced payment for weekend working
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Ongoing training and development to help you to be the best
- Pension scheme
- Free leisure membership
For further information, see the Job Description and Person Specification
Close date: 9.00am Friday 9th September 2022