Coming in 2020 is The Bewsey and Dallam Community Hub, an exciting new facility that Warrington Borough Council will be delivering in partnership with LiveWire, Torus, Sport England and other local partners in the Warrington area. The Hub is a project that was originally developed by the Delivering Wellbeing in Bewsey and Dallam programme.
The Hub, which will be run by LiveWire, will provide much needed community and wellbeing facilities for the area, including a fitness suite, IT suite, hydro-therapy pool, lifestyle services and library facilities.
The new Hub will be located on Longshaw Street, opposite the existing playing fields and next to an existing children’s play area. It is placed between Bewsey and Dallam with a view to serving both communities.
The Bewsey and Dallam Community Hub will comprise of the following dementia friendly facilities:
- A reception / social area providing a reception for community hub users and seating.
- Library facilities, designed for self-service and focused on two Universal Offers - Reading and Information.
- ICT provision will ensure that Wi-Fi enabled devices including tablets, computers, portable-game consoles, smartphones, digital cameras and digital audio players will be able to connect easily to the internet in the Community Hub.
- Multi-use learner / hydrotherapy pool at 10m x 7m in size.
- Accessible and group wet and dry changing facilities.
- Studio/multi activity space providing opportunities for community use and group fitness classes.
- A dedicated fitness suite with a selection of the latest equipment to serve a range of needs
- Community rooms facilitating flexible and integrated health and wellbeing community solutions.
- Community storage space.
- Lifestyle Services including weight loss programmes, smoking cessation, getting back into exercise, healthy walks and cancer rehabilitation.
- Accessible WC facilities.
- Accessible lift.
- Shared office space for key public service partners.